Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 3!

Today has been a day!  I got 2 yes 2 letters from Ross.  It makes my day.  Unfortunately the first letter was only one paragraph but hey I'll take whatever I can get.  The second letter though was amazing!!!  It was 5 pages long.  He is absolutely amazing.  I know I am being all mushy and lovey-dovey but do you blame me?  Every little thing that comes from him I cherish as though it was a million bucks!!!

Ok I guess onto the real reason for this post.

Day 3 - Post a a random pic of how u met (example computer for you met online, school for you met in high school) and tell the date you met. Did you know then that you’d be where you are with him today?


Ferris State University - Big Rapids, MI
Delta Chi - Ross' fraternity
Zeta Tau Alpha - My sorority


Ross and I met through the Greek system in 2004.  When we first met neither one of us were interested in dating at the time so we just said our hellos and went back to talking to friends.  Then came April 2005.  He came with one of my sorority sisters to our spring formal.  I was the DD and he sweetly hung out with me, the sober one.   After that night he was my hero because we spent all night talking and he helped me keep my sanity.  He actually started to hang out more with my sorority sister.  I thought at the time that they were dating he later told me that he only hung out with her so he could see me. Well the end of the semester hit and we all parted to go home for the summer. 

Fall 2005 came and everyone rekindled and had laughs of what all happened over the summer.  I didn't see much of Ross because I was deep into my studying and didn't go out much.  Well one day my roommate talked me into going to lunch on campus and as we were walking out I thought I saw Ross walk by.  I turned around and yelled "Ross is my hero."  Sure enough it was him!  When he turned around and walked towards me I knew something was special about this boy.

From that day on we continued to see each other at the library and would talk.  It wasn't until one night when my sorority sisters peeled me away from my books that I saw him outside of the library.  He was the bartender at the bar we went to that night.  After a couple of liquid courage drinks and heavily flirting with him, I finally got the courage to just say screw it and ask him out.  I asked him when we were going to actually hang out outside of the library.  He said he was done with work in 30 min.   I was beyond excited!!

Well 15 min later he came up to me and asked for a rain check because that was the night that they were pinning their guys :(  I was sad because I thought he was just trying to blow me off.  Well I was leaving in the a.m. to go back home for the night for my uncle's birthday party.  So he said sunday he'd get a hold of me to come over and hang out.   

Saturday went by so slow!!! I could barely sleep that night because I was so excited to go hang out with Ross.  Sunday came and I hurried and got everything ready to go back to school.  I arrived extra early to get all cute.  By cute I mean I put on a hoody and sweatpants.  Hey I'm a tom boy what can I say?

Finally after waiting what seemed like forever he called!! My heart dropped to my stomach! He asked if I wanted to come over and hang out.  Of course I said YES!  When I arrived there were a ton of people at his house.  We hung out with them for a bit then we went to his room and talked.  We talked about everything.  I remember thinking I can't believe how easy it is to talk to him!! Time flew by so fast and before we knew it it was 3 am! I had an 8 am class the next day.  He said that if I wanted to I could sleep in his bed and he would sleep on his couch.  I was embarrassed to take him up on his offer because I didn't want him to think that I was "easy" and stay the night the first time hanging out just him and me.  But we were friends before so I took him up on his offer.  Instead though we cuddled all night :)

After that we never left each other's side.  I love the man I married more than anything in the world.  He has helped me get through so much that words can not describe how much he means to me.   


No comments:

Post a Comment